Rates for staying at Ballymote Country House
The Curtis Room
Super king size bed and en-suite Bathroom with a huge bath and handheld shower attachment: From £125 per night.
The Trellis Room
Super kingsize bed or as 2 single beds, with Archie’s room as a private dressing room and en-suite bathroom with bath and handheld shower attachment: From £115 per night.
The Hogarth Room
A single bedroom with private bathroom. Booking by special arrangement. Please contact me for details.
A single bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Booking by special arrangement. Please contact me for details.
Terms & Conditions
Please note the following before committing to a reservation.
Our rates are per night, including our huge trademark feast for breakfast, which includes a full Ulster Cooked fry up! On arrival there is tea, or coffee if you would prefer, with home made biscuits in the Drawing room.
Older children and infants are very welcome. Please bear in mind we don’t have a ‘Family Room’, although a cot is available.
You can pay by cash, debit card or credit card. We accept most cards. However, your card details will be required at time of booking and are stored securely using Stripe.
We reserve the right to take payment at the end of the free cancellation period unless you notify us that you wish to pay by cash on departure.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
- Free cancellation is offered up to 14 days in advance of arrival.
- Credit card details will be required at time of booking and are stored securely using Stripe. We reserve the right to take payment at the end of the free cancellation period.
- After the free cancellation period has ended:
- No refund will be made unless we are able to re-let the room for the entire booking.
- However, if a guest finds that they are unable to travel as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, we are happy to reschedule their booking for a later date (within 12 months).
- If we are unable to be open due to coronavirus, guests will be offered the option to reschedule or a full refund.
We reserve the right to charge the full amount due in the event of a late cancellation within 14 days of the arrival date where we are unable to re-let the room(s), or if you don’t turn up!
- Check in is at a prearranged time, preferably from 4.30pm – 7pm, as we have horses and a farm! We are often out in the fields and do not want to leave you sitting on the front doorstep wondering if we had forgotten and waiting to get in! Check-in outside of these times is very possible but must have been arranged and confirmed with us before arrival.
- Check out is by 11am on the morning of departure unless a later departure time is agreed by prior arrangement.
- We have 5 terriers ourselves and other well-behaved dogs are very welcome at Ballymote. We ask that you bring their dog bed with you to make them feel at home! Please note we do have horses and some chickens roaming free, so we ask that dogs are kept under control or on a lead.
Damage and Breakages
- You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur especially if you accidentally spill something – it’s much easier to clean if we know what it is and act quickly! We do not normally charge for breakages, but we reserve the right to charge for repair or making good if the damage is significant.
- Please note that smoking and/or vaping is not permitted anywhere in the house. Offending guests will be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and may be asked to leave.
- We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any guest or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to terminate, without notice, any guest’s stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behaviour or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others. (Please note that non compliance of our no-smoking policy may constitute termination.) In such circumstances, any outstanding account must be settled. No refunds will be made.
- Guest Registration: We are legally obliged to record the details of all guests aged 16 and over, including the date of departure, full name and nationality. These records will be kept for at least 12 months.
- Some of the data gathered during the course of a booking may be held on computer. We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. If you prefer us not hold this information, please let us know.
Ballymote House, 84 Killough Road, Downpatrick, Co. Down, N.Ireland, BT30 8BJ,
Mobile: +44 (0) 7831 661429, Phone number +44 (0) 28 4461 5500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org